Episode 2 – Holiday Recipes
|Don’t look now, but the Holidays are here, and we can feel the tension and stress you’re experiencing as you clamor for ideas on how to impress your family and friends as they visit your home this Holiday season. Of equal concern, what should you bring to that company Holiday party? We know what you’re thinking… “I don’t want to bring another apple pie, gingerbread cake or, worse yet, a store-bought dessert platter!”|
|Brought to you by V1 Vodka, the Holiday Episode of Foodiesis designed to turn you into a Holiday Hero, as Alina Eisenhauer, who has appeared on many Food Network shows, takes you through three 5 minute recipes (and a fabulous Chocolate Martini drink from V1 Vodka) that really dazzle your family, friends and Holiday guests. Don’t miss this one!”Times:
For bonus episodes throughout the week and in prime time, check Charter CharterTV3’s TV Guide.
Episode two be aired with the chef of Sweet Pastry Shop and Dessert Bar!
“Suspended Chocolate Martini”
Vanilla Panna Cotta with Chocolate Vodka Gelee
Recipe courtesy of Alina Eisenhauer, Sweet Pastry Shop and Dessert Bar
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
¼ cup (2oz) cold water
2 cups heavy cream
¾ cup sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1 ¼ cups whole milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Bloom the Gelatin in the water
- Combine the heavy cream, sugar, and salt in a saucepan and heat, stirring over medium heat to dissolve the sugar; make sure the mixture does not boil. Remove from heat.
- Add Gelatin to the cream mixture, blend well. Allow to cool slightly, add the milk and vanilla.
- Pour into glasses and allow to set in refrigerator for several hours.
Chocolate Vodka Gelee
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
¼ cup cold water
1 cup simple syrup*
6 oz Chocolate vodka**
- Bloom the Gelatin in the water.
- Place the simple syrup in a saucepan and warm, over medium heat; make sure the mixture does not boil. Remove from heat.
- Add Gelatin to the simple syrup, blend well. Allow mixture to cool slightly, add the Vodka.
- Very carefully pour a layer of Gelee over the all ready set Panna Cotta and allow to set in refrigerator for several hours.
- Garnish and ENJOY!
*Simple syrup is equal parts of sugar and water heated until all sugar is dissolved- besides being necessary for this recipe simple syrup is great for sweetening cocktails, iced tea and ice coffee.
**if you do not have chocolate Vodka you can substitute 5 ounces of good Vodka and 1 ounce of a good chocolate syrup.
Pie in a Glass
- 1 unbaked Pie Crust (homemade or store bought)
- 2 Granny Smith or Empire Apples
- 1 tbs Unsalted Butter
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Whipped Cream or Ice Cream for Garnish
- Wine or Martini Glasses for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using homemade pie crust roll out as if you were going to place it in a pie tin but instead place it on a parchment lined baking sheet (if using store bought unroll and place on baking sheet), sprinkle generously with granulated sugar. Bake until light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples as if for pie, toss with cinnamon sugar to taste. Melt the unsalted butter in a heavy bottomed skillet and add the apples. Sautee apples on medium heat until they are soft and cooked through but still retain their shape.
- Break the pie crust into pieces, reserving a few nice big pieces for garnish. Place a layer of pie crust in the bottom of your glasses followed by a layer of apples and repeat ending with apples. Take the large pieces of crust that were saved for garnish and position them sticking out of the top layer of apples, add a dallop of whipped cream or ice cream.
- 10 ounces nuts of your choice (salted or unsalted)
- 1 small egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the peanuts and egg white together in a medium sized bowl until the peanuts are evenly coated with egg white.
- Dump the coated peanuts onto the baking tray and sprinkle with the sugar tossing to coat. Spread the peanuts in an even layer and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 min or until golden brown and the sugar looks bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and gently toss / mix to break up extra sugar and evenly coat the nuts. Cool completely.