1. Bring heavy cream to 185 F in a saucepan.
2. Add vinegar, turn off heat, cover and let cool overnight.
3. Pour cream mixture into a cheesecloth lined sieve and allow to drain for one hour.
4. Put in a container and refrigerate
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
2. In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together and then whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until combined.
3. Whisk the melted butter into the batter until combined.
4. Place batter in a greased waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Pickled Cranberry Compote
1. Combine vinegar, sugar, and pickling spice and bring to a boil.
2. Place cranberries in a bowl and pour the boiling liquid over the cranberries through a sieve.
3. When cranberries skins crack slightly, remove the cranberries from the liquid, set aside.
4. Return the liquid to a saucepan and reduce until thickened.
5. Pour back over the cranberries and keep warm.
Preparation & Plating:
1. Score the foie gras portions and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a sauté pan on medium heat, sear the foie gras on both sides until the core of the foie gras is just soft.
3. Place waffle on a plate, top with mascarpone, spoon cranberries and the liquid onto and around the waffles. Lastly, top with the seared foie gras and serve.