1. Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice. Stir for 30 seconds.
2. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
St. Kevin Sling
1. Add whiskey, juice, curaçao, grenadine and bitters to a shaker with ice. Shake.
2. Strain into a highball glass filled with ice. Top up with soda water.
3. Wrap lemon swirl around the inside of the glass.
1. In a glass, over ice, add lemon juice to the whisky. Top up with ginger beer.
2. Garnish with lemon wheel.
So, start drinking whisk(e)y this summer, or continue drinking it. These are a few choices to get you going, but experiment and find your own. Mix things up by adding whisk(e)y to a favorite cocktail; I know substituting the rum in a mojito with a light single malt makes a great drink.
Try something different and, remember, there’s never a bad day for good whisk(e)y!