1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a skillet, over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and pat of butter.
2. Once butter is completely melted, add 2 handfuls of chopped basil.
3. Once basil begins to darken to a deep green, remove and add to a pre-greased pie plate.
4. Beat eggs. Add milk and beat some more. Pour mixture over basil.
5. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano on top.
6. Drop dollops of ricotta cheese. Space dollops ½ inch apart.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
8. Let cool slightly; loosen edges and cut into 8 wedges
1. Reduce ½ cup of balsamic vinegar by ½ over low heat.
2. Slice Italian bread into ¾ inch slices.
3. Add enough oil to a warmed skillet to coat the bottom. Add a generous pat of butter to the oil.
4. Toast sliced bread in skillet. Flip when toast begins to brown.
5. For the Parmigiano-Reggiano crisps: mound heaping tablesppons of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese ; when the edges brown and begin to melt and bubble, loosen the edges with a spatula and carefully flip.
6. Place toast at the center of the plate. Halve Campari tomatoes and press them into the toast. Add fresh basil, a wedge of the Basilico frittata and finish with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.