2 cups Wormtown’s Blonde Cougar Summer Ale, An American Blond Ale
3 pats of salted butter
1 cup King Arthur Traditional Whole Wheat Flour or King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
2 tablespoons salt
½ teaspoon instant yeast
1 ¾ cup cool water
¾ cup dried cranberries
½ cup golden raisins
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
1) Mix the flours, salt, yeast, and water in a large bowl. Stir, then use your hands to mix and form a sticky dough.
2) Work the dough just enough to incorporate all the flour, then work in the fruit and nuts.
3) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let it rest at room temperature overnight, or for at least 8 hours; it'll become bubbly and rise quite a bit, so use a large bowl.
4) Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and form it into a log or round loaf to fit your 14" to 15" long stoneware baker; 9" x 12" oval deep casserole dish; or 9" to 10" round baking crock.
5) Place the dough in the lightly greased pan, smooth side up.
6) Cover and let rise at room temperature for about 2 hours, until it's become puffy. It should rise noticeably, but it's not a real high-riser.
8) Bake the bread at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven, turn out onto a rack, and cool before slicing.