Sweet’s Bananas Foster
makes 1 serving
- 1 banana, quartered
- 4 medium-size spring roll wrappers
- oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup caramel sauce (or sundae sauce)
- 1 tbsp spice or dark rum (optional)
- Heat the oil to 365º in the deep fryer or skillet.
- Slice the banana into quarters and wrap each quarter in a spring roll wrapper, fold the edges in, then roll up.
- Place the wrapped bananas, flap side down, into heated oil and fry until crispy (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat and place them in a paper bag containing the granulated sugar and give the bag a shake to coat fried bananas.
- Heat 1 cup of caramel sauce until it begins bubbling.
- Add the rum and heat the mixture enough so it’s warm all the way through (it will bubble up and get foamy). Be careful as the mixture is extremely hot.
Alina opened Sweet Pastry Shop and Dessert Bar in the summer of 2008 and has been winning awards and critical acclaim ever since, including the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Worcester Living Magazine Best Dessert, the 2008 City Living Magazine Best Bakery and the 2010 Worcester Magazine Best Dessert.
Sweet was also featured on TV Diner and Phantom Gourmet and Alina has appeared on season one of Food Network’s Chopped and will be featured on season two of the network’s Cupcake Wars. Her recipes have even been featured in The National Culinary Review.